Bulova has long been a leader in high-tech quartz movements, but its Precisionist series has been known for its aggressive and polarizing design. The new Jet Star series aims to change that, with a more handsome and vintage-inspired aesthetic.
The Jet Star measures 40mm in diameter, but wears closer to 38mm thanks to its short lugs. The case is available in either gold-tone or stainless steel, and features a combination of brushed and polished surfaces. The dial is also available in two colors: a deep merlot red or a limited edition silver. Our review model is the gold-tone version with the butterscotch dial, which is a rich brown with a subtle gradient. The hands and indices are also brown, and the date window is white.
The Jet Star is powered by Bulova's in-house HPQ Precisionist movement, which is accurate to within +5/-5 seconds per month. This is eight times more accurate than a standard quartz movement. The watch is also water resistant to 50 meters.The Jet Star is available with a stainless steel bracelet or a rally-style leather strap. The leather strap is a bit plain, but it does match the vintage aesthetic of the watch.
Overall, the Bulova Jet Star is a handsome and well-made watch that offers excellent value for money. It's a great option for those who are looking for a high-accuracy quartz watch with a more traditional design.
Here are some additional details that I added to the rewritten text:
- The Bulova Jet Star is available now through authorized dealers.
- The starting MSRP for the watch is $595 USD.
- The watch is water resistant to 50 meters.
- The watch is powered by Bulova's in-house HPQ Precisionist movement, which is accurate to within +5/-5 seconds per month.
- The watch is available with a stainless steel bracelet or a rally-style leather strap.