In 2022, Citizen released a new vintage-style diving watch collection called the Promaster Dive Automatic. This watch is powered by a Japanese-made Citizen caliber 9051 automatic movement, which is modern and a great performer. It has a relatively thin profile, operates at 4Hz with 42 hours of power reserve, and offers a decent amount of anti-magnetic resistance.
The case and bracelet of the Promaster Dive Automatic are made of Citizen's proprietary Super Titanium, which is known for its lightness, strength, and scratch resistance. The watch is also water resistant to 200 meters.
The dial of the Promaster Dive Automatic is black with black-on-black text. This gives the watch a somewhat sterile look, but it also makes it very legible. The watch also has a date window at the 3 o'clock position.
The Promaster Dive Automatic is a versatile watch that can be worn for a variety of activities, including swimming and diving. It is also a great choice for everyday wear.
Here are some of the pros and cons of the Citizen Promaster Dive Automatic:
- Lightweight and comfortable to wear
- Highly legible
- Durable and water resistant
- Powered by a reliable Japanese movement
- The sterile dial may not be to everyone's taste
- The price is a bit high
Overall, the Citizen Promaster Dive Automatic is a great choice for anyone looking for a versatile and reliable dive watch. It is well-made and has a sleek design. However, the price may be a bit high for some people.
Here are some additional details about the watch:
- Brand: Citizen
- Model: Promaster Dive Automatic
- Reference: NB6025-59H
- Price: $1,195 USD
- Size: 42mm wide, 12.3mm thick, ~49mm lug-to-lug distance
- Movement: Citizen caliber 9051 automatic
- Water resistance: 200 meters
- Bracelet: DLC-coated Super Titanium with micro-adjust clasp